This is a simple survey which asks you to categorise 100 English words in a set of moral categories:
- Care - caring for others
- Harm - hurting others
- Fairness - Acting fairly and honestly
- Unfairness - Acting unfairly and dishonestly
- Loyalty - Showing loyalty to your community
- Betrayal - Betraying your community
- Respect - Respecting authority
- Subersion - Disobeying authority
- Purity - Keeping a pure body and mind
- Impurity - Degradation of body and mind
- Liberty - Respecting individual freedom
- Oppression - Exerting control over other people
- Moral - Morally "good" with no specific category above
- Immoral - Morally "bad" with no specific category above
- None of the above - No moral significance
This work is based on the Moral Foundations Theory of Haidt and Graham.
This experiment is being run by:
Dr Malcolm Ryan - Dept of Computing, Macquarie University.
Dr Stephanie Howarth - Dept of Cognitive Science, Macquarie University
Please contact us if you have any questions about the research.